In the interest of public health and participants' safety, Renaissance Weekend has undertaken preventative measures to reduce the risks of exposure to Coronavirus/COVID-19 and other highly contagious virus infections which are spread mainly from inter-personal contact. As follows, the Weekend's organizers and hosts have set forth certain public-health requirements and recommended practices, but cannot guarantee the safety of registrants, guests, family members, service staff or others who have occasion to interact with the gathering.
By attending, staffing or being a guest at Renaissance Weekend, each individual attests and certifies that he or she
- Is aware of the possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases even in gatherings and places where, as with Renaissance Weekend, the organizing and host entities have established specific policies, encouraged certain practices, and requested personal discipline to reduce these risks;
- Has received and completed one of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration-approved vaccination regimens, as well as a booster shot (for those eligible); and has not recently tested positive and is not experiencing any symptom of illness (such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell).
- Acknowledges that organizers of Renaissance Weekend require vaccination and may require proof of a negative COVID-19 test on-site and/or from a test performed within 24 hrs of their check-in at the Renaissance Weekend registration desk on the first day of the weekend.
- Does not believe that she/he has recently been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of such virus ;
- Is following U.S. Center for Disease Control-recommended guidelines as much as possible, has been limiting his/her exposure to such viruses, and agrees to self-monitor during the Weekend for signs and symptoms of such viruses and immediately inform Renaissance Weekend staff if she/he tests positive and/or experiences such symptoms during the Weekend or within 14 days after participation in or association with the gathering;
- Will execute – electronically in the registration process and/or as part of in-person, on-site registration at the start of the event – the Renaissance Weekend Release and Waiver of Liability Agreement and will have agreed to assume any and all health risks related to participation in or association with the gathering, including but not limited to illness and infectious diseases, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the released parties;
- Shall – If she or he, or any member of her/his party, tests positive and/or experience(s) any symptoms of such viruses during the Weekend – immediately notify a Renaissance Weekend staff member and discontinue such participation in the Weekend, as well as seek appropriate medical attention; and if he or she, or any member of his/her party, experience(s) any such symptoms within 5 days after conclusion of the Weekend, he or she shall promptly notify Renaissance Weekend.
If the organizers are not comfortable with public health conditions or the adequacy of safety precautions reasonably in advance of the event, Renaissance Weekend will be cancelled, and registrants will have the options of transferring payment to a future Weekend or receiving a full refund.