Renaissance Weekends: private, invitation-only gatherings of innovative leaders & their families, of all ages, from diverse fields. No commercial, political or policy objectives.
Participant selection is based on professional experience, personal profiles, contributions to program's breadth & depth, and likely commitment to Renaissance spirit & traditions.
Traditionally, Renaissance participants are:
- Individuals of innovative achievement on a national or regional scale,
- Whose career and activities evidence broad intellectual interests and a "Renaissance spirit,"
- Who would honor Renaissance's non-commercial, non-partisan, off-the-record format, and
- Who would enjoy the Weekends' substantive content and informal, personal dimensions.
Prospective invitees are nominated by members of Renaissance's 25th Anniversary Advisory Board and other veteran participants who understand Renaissance Weekends' objectives.
Those who wish to be considered should submit the following to the Invitations Committee:
- A website link referencing your professional experience and/or a recent bio
- Brief responses to these questions:
- How did you learn about Renaissance Weekends, and what about them particularly interests you?
- About what subject-matter would you be most competent to contribute to discussions?
- What innovations, activities &/or achievements distinguish your contribution to your profession, industry, organization, or community?
- One personal reference (preferably a past Renaissance Weekend participant who knows you well), with the individual's e-address
- Confirmation that you have read, and agree to comply with, Renaissance's Confidentiality Policies
Requests for consideration should be sent to Ali Gelles, who coordinates the process.